If you’re looking for a new vehicle, we invite you to visit our Lexus showroom to see our inventory of new Lexus cars. As you’ll see, we have a wide variety of Lexus automobiles that will support any lifestyle.
If you’re interested in a pre-owned Lexus model, we encourage you to stop by our Lexus dealership near Palm Coast, FL as well. We have a generous selection of previously owned vehicles and we’d love the chance to show them to you.
Getting ready to take a pre-owned car for a test drive is different than preparing to go for a test drive in a new car. That’s because you have to pay attention to more things when you’re shopping for a previously owned vehicle. In addition to being aware of the price and experiencing how a pre-owned car handles the road, you also need to be mindful of the following when you’re test driving a previously owned automobile:
- Rust: Before you even get behind the wheel, you should examine a pre-owned vehicle for any signs of rust. Repairing rust can be very expensive so it’s critical that you examine the underside of the automobile as well as the upper portion of the car.
- Tire Tread: You should look over the car’s tires carefully to see if they’ve worn evenly. If they haven’t, the vehicle may have an alignment issue that’s been neglected for too long.
- Fluids: Even if you’ve never owned an automobile before, you’re probably aware that cars need certain fluids to work properly, including oil. If any of the vehicle’s critical fluids are below their recommended levels, it might be an indicator that the car’s current owner has failed to have his or her automobile serviced regularly.
- Brake Pedal: When you’re driving, see if the brake pedal pulsates under your foot. If it does, it may be a sign that the brakes need the attention of a professional mechanic.
- Engine & Exhaust Noises: During your test drive, keep an ear out for strange noises coming from the engine or exhaust. If you hear unusual noises, it’s probably wise to look for another automobile.
Whether you’re searching for a new or pre-owned vehicle, stop by Lexus of Orange Park to find what you’re looking for. We look forward to seeing you in the driver’s seat of a new or new-to-you Lexus vehicle soon. Visit our convenient location on Blanding Boulevard today.